Marmaris – Day trip to Turkey with Port Transfers: Boat trip (1 Hr) + Free time in Marmaris (7.5 Hrs)
A great chance to go to Turkey for a day and visit Marmaris – one of the most charming and scenic resorts on the southeast coast of Asia Minor. In just an hour of travel with Sea Dreams fast Catamaran you can wander through the welcoming port of Marmaris dotted with cozy cafes and restaurants, visit Marmaris castle and the Archaeology Museum to see antiquities, explore the old town of Marmaris with traditional homes and scenic backstreets, or go straight into the Bazaar to find the best bargains for clothes, jewelry, bags, shoes, sweets, spices… you name it! The trip requires your travel document (Passport or ID*) and booking arrangement in a timely manner. For customers who prefer traveling in organized groups, there is a possibility to join a complimentary informative tour.
Embark on a full-day trip to MARMARIS – one of Turkey’s most scenic and loveliest resorts! You will need your travel document (Passport or ID*) as Marmaris is in another country.
The city is situated in the southeast of Turkey, nestled in the South of the Gokova Golf on the Resadiye Peninsula. Marmaris shares borders with Datcha in the West (opposite to Symi island), Koycegiz in the East, and Ula in the Northwest. Together with surrounding villages, its population is 25,000 increasing four times during the tourism season.
Transfer to the port is provided by the boat company SEA DREAMS. An English-speaking tour escort will meet you at the port providing all the practical information for the day. At the port, you will CHECK-IN and make the payment of the port tax receiving a boarding card for your day visit to Marmaris. You will go through the Passport/ ID control both in Rhodes and Marmaris.
The sea crossing is on a comfortable, fast Catamaran. Upon arrival, you will be invited to join a free escorted Bus tour, offered by local Turkish Travel Agencies. It serves as a transfer to the center of Marmaris and includes two stops for shop presentations—either a gold factory, a carpet factory, or a Turkish delights factory. The tour is optional and complimentary.
After the tour, you will have plenty of free time to explore Marmaris on your own. The escort of the tour will provide a precise departure time and meeting point for the return transfer.
Travelers who wish to explore Marmaris independently, can easily reach the center of the town by foot (approx. 20 min walking distance) or get a local Taxi for a quick 5 min drive.
It is amazing to discover how from a little fishing and sponge diving town Marmaris has expanded into a vibrant and cosmopolitan tourist resort.
The most important landmarks or Marmaris are its scenic Port, the Castle with the Archaeology Museum, the Old Town, the Bazaar, the little Lighthouse, the Attaturk Statue, and the Palm-lined Riviera-style Promenade weaving along the resort.
Explore the sites, go for some shopping, stroll the promenade, check out the beach or the fortress!
And make sure to try local food and delicacies – the best way to experience the Eastern culture!
Duration 9 hours + Pickups
Pickups between 07:30-08:30
Return between 19:00-20:00
– Upon arrival to the Tourist Port, receive instructions from the Sea Dreams escort
– Check-in at the little Kiosk. All the travelers must present their Booking Confirmation Voucher and a valid travel document (Passport/ European ID)
– Port Tax payment 15 EUR (can be arranged only on the day of the trip) to receive the Roundtrip Boarding Card
– Pass through the Customs with your Passport/ ID Control
– Get comfortable on one of the three decks of the Catamaran and enjoy the departure with a panoramic view of Rhodes Medieval Town
– Observe the coastline of Asia Minor as you approach Marmaris
– Upon arrival pass through the Customs Control with your Passport/ ID (if needed, you can find the currency exchange office at the port)
– Receive instructions from the Sea Dreams escort and decide either to join the complementary informative tour or go to Marmaris Town on your own (Taxi or walking)
– Stroll through the scenic port of Marmaris with fishermen boats & luxurious yachts
– History lovers can visit the Castle of Marmaris with an interesting Archeology Museum in it
– Discover the Old town of Marmaris with little backstreets, small alleys, and traditional homes
– Go shopping in the Grand Bazaar practicing the game of bargaining
– Walk along the palm-lined „RIVIERA style” promenade leading to the Attaturk Statue and huge letters of Marmaris
– Savor local flavors in one of many restaurants and snack bars
… so many things to see & do!
– Please note, you should be back at the Port at least 40 min earlier for Passport/ ID control & Customs
– A relaxing return trip back to Rhodes
– Upon arrival pass through Customs Control with your Passport/ ID
– Return transfer with Sea Dreams Coach
Precise pickup time & place for your accommodation will be provided on your Booking Confirmation Page/ Voucher.
The pickup is provided by Sea Dreams
– Ialysos Resort 07:50-08:05
– Ixia Resort 08:05-08:15
– Rhodes Town 08:15-08:25
– Faliraki resort 08:00 – 08:10
– Kallithea resort 08:10-08:20
Should you need to clarify your pickup location before proceeding to the booking, do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com.
To arrange the Booking for Marmaris Trip, it is needed to provide in advance Passport Details: Full Name, Passport/ ID Number, Nationality, Date of Birth.
European ID is accepted only for countries: Greece, Cyprus, Germany, France, Italy, Netherlands, Belgium, and Switzerland.
TICKETS & PORT TAX
To arrange the booking, you will only pay for the Tour Ticket:
Adults – 37 EUR
Children (born 2010-2018) – 18.5 EUR
Infants (born 2020-2022) – Free of Charge
Port Tax payment can be arranged only on the day of the trip.
Adults – 15 EUR
Children – 15 EUR
Infants – 5 EUR
LEVEL OF DIFFICULTY – 1/ 2
Optional walking over periods of more than 10 minutes. Travelers must be able to step in and out of the tour vehicle (our coaches are equipped with a power step). The Catamaran has easy access also for elderly passengers and wheelchairs.
Travelers with walking difficulties are recommended to join the informative tour, as the tour finishes in the center of Marmaris.
If you have reduced mobility or special needs, please contact us before booking. We will do our best to discuss the details and make everyone feel comfortable!
Marmaris Castle and Archaeology Museum – approx. 14 TRY (1.62 EUR) p.p. (optional visit)
A great choice of snack bars, cafes & restaurants is available for lunch/snacks.
We recommend wearing comfortable clothing, and sensible walking shoes. In spring (April-May) and autumn (Mid September-November) take with you a light jacket as it can be windy. During summer (June-September) do not forget your hat or a light wrapping, and sunglasses. Marmaris is very hot, make sure to carry with you a bottle of water at all times! Always wear your sunscreen! If you like swimming, grab a swimming costume & a towel for the beach!
If there is anything else you would like to know, let us know and we will be happy to assist!
Tour Escort speaks English
Tour Duration: 10 Hrs + Pickups
*Booking upon Request
Catamaran: King of Rhodes
– Occupancy: 480 passengers
– Decks: 3
– Snack bar, WC
Mobile Booking confirmation accepted
– Pick up and drop-off by Sea Dreams from major hotels in Ialyssos, Ixia, Rhodes Town, Kallithea, and Faliraki (or the closest possible pickup location)
– English-speaking escort-meet at the port
– Optional informative tour in Marmaris (with stops in shops)
– Your free time in Marmaris
Children (born 2010-2019) 15€
Infants (born 2020-2022) 5€
Meals & refreshments
-All the areas of the Catamaran are regularly sanitized & ventilated
-Hand Cleansing Gel (70%) available to travelers and staff
-Accessible bins for safe waste disposal
You will find most of our tours available in our Online Booking Engine. Go to the BOOK NOW, and you will be re-directed to our Booking Engine with the real-time availability. Choose the day you wish to travel, choose your tour, fill the form with your traveler’s information, and proceed to the payment. After, you will receive your Booking Confirmation with pickup & tour details directly to your email!Book HERE
If you need our assistance in booking a tour for you or have a special request, or can not find the tour that you are looking for, do not hesitate to send us your request, and we will get back to you with our suggestions, assistance or booking arrangement.Request