Full-day scenic Private Sightseeing tour: LINDOS VILLAGE + Mt. Prophet Elias with stops at Eleousa – Campochiaro, Foundoukli, Elafos & Elafina Villa
On this Private Sightseeing tour, we invite you to spend an unforgettable day starting with a visit to the vibrant and attractive Lindos village to sense the pulse of the most sought-after tourist attraction. Have your free time to explore its labyrinthine alleys popping in&out little boutiques and vintage stores, feed your travelers curiosity by strolling through the top archaeological site on the Island – the Acropolis of Lindos, or rush to the beach to soak up the summer vibe that hundreds of travelers quest for during their Holiday in Rhodes! Then add to this experience an escape to nature discovering one of the most scenic routes on Mt. Prophet Elias. You will be exploring the unique Italian heritage site in Eleousa village – Campochiaro with abandoned buildings and discover a unique 15th c. church with byzantine murals, until you reach the stunning alpine-style settlement with Elafos & Elafina villa that once hosted the island’s noble guests.
Rhodes is full of surprises, its diversity of sites and attractions can nourish any traveler’s curiosity for thrilling discoveries. If you like visiting the must-see places as well as bypass the beaten tourist routes to get to know where locals prefer to escape, then this is a great choice for your Private tour.
The day starts with a visit to the legendary LINDOS VILLAGE – the hot spot for all travelers. It is enough to spend a good couple of hours to feel its dynamic rhythm packed in such a beautiful little village.
Experience a relaxed self-guided walk through its bright labyrinthine alleys here and there giving way to donkeys and hasty carriers, pop in&out charming boutiques with creative hand-made goods and admire the impressive church bell towers, ornated arched doorways, and huge amphoras with curling bougainvillea decorating the entrances and backyards of the traditional Lindian homes. You can walk to the very peak of the Acropolis and stand next to the Temple of Athena to gaze at the famous St. Paul’s bay.
Then return to your comfortable air-conditioned minibus where your driver waits for you with a bottle of cool water and take time to relax while you leave the east coast highway to continue with new adventures.
The scenic route goes through the third highest mountain of Rhodes – Mt. PROPHET ELIAS. This is one of the greenest areas on Rhodes, covered with a thick pine forest at an altitude of 800m (2,624.67ft). To reach our destination, on your way you will see the Loutanis river, the Church of St. Nektarius with its Monastery, and Archipolis village.
Our first stop will be in ELEOUSA village, originally named by Italians “Campochiaro”. Exploring the unique Italian-made settlement with abandoned buildings, you will get the feeling of the turbulent history Eleousa has gone through, and sense the charm of the inter-war period observing the elegant constructions that still patiently wait to be reconstructed.
Then we will make an unforgettable stop at the FOUNTAIN of Eleousa where you will see a little endemic fish “gizani” as well as hundreds of goldfish.
Your next stop will be the unique 15th Ct stone church of St. NICHOLAS FOUNDOUKLIS nestled between centuries-old olive trees, figs & plane trees. It is a beloved place for locals on weekends and church celebrations to spend time in nature with the whole family. Here you will see some of the oldest olive trees on the island and have a chance to taste local produce as there is always a local farmer with his truck full of seasonal goodies!
Lastly, reaching your final destination, you will discover two luxury villas named ELAFOS & ELAFINA (meaning the Doe and the Buck) built between 1929 and 1932 and designed in Alpine style. Here you will forget that you are on a Greek island!
In these premises, officials and nobles were hosted during their hunting vacations! One of the hotels is renovated using as many original features, fixtures, and fittings from the early 30s as possible! In your leisure time, you will have a chance to see the hotels’ interior, explore the surrounding area, enjoy your lunch or have fresh orange juice or coffee with the famed hotel’s sweets!
Your holiday will be much more saturated after this wonderful experience!
Duration approx. 6.5 Hours
Tour times – 09:30 – 16:00
Pickup from your Accommodation
– Observe the Mediterranean coastline with charming resorts, small villages, and valleys with olive tree groves
– Receive practical information about Lindos for your individual browsing
– Check out our customized Lindos Map with directions & information about the must-see attractions
– Experience a relaxed walk through Lindos’ bright labyrinthine alleys dotted with little boutiques, cafes, restaurants, souvenir shops
– Admire the impressive church bell towers, ornated arched doorways of Captans’ Mansions, and whitewashed traditional Lindian homes
– Visit the Acropolis of Lindos, home to the Temple of Athena Lindia, and soak up the views
– Before leaving, get fresh orange juice to keep you going for your next adventures!
– Relax while you leave the east coast highway to continue with new adventures
– See Loutanis river and its dry riverbed, the Church of St. Nektarius with its Monastery, and Archipolis village
– Arriving at Eleousa, sense the charm of the elegant constructions
– Explore the ruins observing little details on walls, ceilings, and floors witnessing the inter-war period
– Walk around the square to see the beautiful church of Eleousa and a memorial dedicated to Italian soldiers
– Be surprised when you arrive at the enormous Italian-built reservoir with a fountain and emerald-green water
– Discover the little fish Gizani – the only freshwater fish that is endemic to Rhodes
– Enjoy the relaxing atmosphere and try to walk all around the fountain for “good luck” and make a wish with a goldfish
– See the peak of Mt. Prophet Ilias right behind the little stone church
– Observe the interior of this single-room four apses stone building and its unique mural paintings
– Enjoy the surrounding park with centuries-old olive trees, figs & lemon trees, fresh spring water, children’s playground
– Arriving at Elafos & Elafina Villas, forget that you are on a Greek island and blend into the Alpine-style surroundings
– See the hotels’ interior finding numerous original features, fixtures, and fittings from the early 30s
– Next to the hotels, find a dilapidated Villa, the country home of the Italian governor Cesare maria de Vecchi
– Enjoy your lunch or have fresh orange juice or coffee with the famed hotel’s sweets!
* On a Private Tour, adjusting the times to your liking is possible.
** Should you prefer to be accompanied by a tour guide to receive professional insight from a qualified local expert and be guided through the sites, please contact us in advance for a price quote.
The pick-up is scheduled for 09:30 am. Pick-up a little sooner or later is also possible, so please let us know if you prefer to start the tour at a different time.
The tour is delivered by a tour-driver, who provides general and practical information inside the tour vehicle. Maps with directions & historical information are provided for individual browsing.
Should you prefer to be accompanied by a tour guide to receive professional insight from a qualified local expert and be guided through the sites, please contact us in advance for a price quote.
If you plan to visit the Acropolis of Lindos, the entry fee is 12 EUR p.p. Children under 18 years – free. EU Students & Seniors – 50% discount.
In Lindos village, for senior guests & guests with special needs, there is a possibility to get on a public shuttle bus to get to the main square of Lindos – 0.5 EUR/ one way.
Public WC – 0.5 EUR.
An extra charge 20-50 EUR (depending on the location) is applied if the pick-up is from other resorts than Ialyssos, Ixia, Rhodes Town, and Kallithea.
LEVEL OF DIFFICULTY – 2/ 3
Walking over periods of more than 20 minutes includes uneven surfaces, unpaved trails, cobblestone surfaces. Travelers must be able to step in and out of the tour vehicle (our coaches are equipped with a power step).
If you choose to climb to the Acropolis in Lindos, it includes inclines, narrow walkways, and a long flight of stairs to reach the castle which does not have a handrail.
Other sites during the tour are easily accessible.
We recommend wearing comfortable clothing, sensible walking shoes. In spring (April-May) and autumn (Mid September-November) a light jacket is recommended as it can be windy. During summer (June-September) do not forget your hat or a light wrapping, and sunglasses. Make sure to carry with you a bottle of water at all times! Always wear your sunscreen!
The tour vehicle is our brand new Mercedes Benz Limo Minibus with 11 seats. According to Covid-19 prevention restrictions, we can accommodate up to 7 passengers. The Minibus has spacious soft leather seats, A/C, step stool for easy boarding, USB plugs, Mini-fridge, the onboard entertainment system.
Did we forget to mention something? Do not hesitate to get in touch with us or check the FAQs!
Tour Duration: 6.5 Hrs
Tour Times: 09:30-16:00
Vehicle 1: Mercedes Limo Minibus
Vehicle 2: Toyota Proace Limo Minivan
Mobile Booking confirmation
Free cancellation – up to 24 hrs notice
1-3 Persons 250 EUR/group
4-6 Persons 320 EUR/group
7-9 Persons 350 EUR/group
* For bigger groups, contact us to receive the Price Quote
-Hotel pick up and drop-off (or the closest possible pickup location) in Ialyssos, Ixia, Rhodes Town, Kallithea, and Faliraki
-Luxury Mercedes Limo Minibus for up to 10 passengers
-Or Limo2 Minivan for up to 3 passengers
-Professional tour driver, speaks English
-Map of Lindos with Infos & Directions
Pickup from other resorts than Ialyssos, Ixia, Rhodes Town, and Kallithea. An extra charge might apply
Admission fees to Archaeological sites & museums
Meals & Beverages, Personal expenses
-Transportation vehicle is regularly sanitized & ventilated
-Hand Cleansing Gel (70%) available to travelers and staff
Lindos village is one of Rhodes’ top attractions! Out of the three ancient city-states, it is …View
Eleousa is known for the Italian ghost-town, the church of St. Charalambos, and the fountain that stores water from the mountain spring with gizani fish.View
A small stone church of St. Nikolaos Foundoukli with unique Byzantine murals from 15th century, surrounded by centuries-old olive & plane trees on the slopes of Mt. Profitis Ilias.View
Luxury hotels at the Prophet Elias mountain named Elafos and Elafina (meaning the Doe and the Buck) designed in Alpine style and built between 1929 and 1932.View
You will find most of our tours available in our Online Booking Engine. Go to the BOOK NOW, and you will be re-directed to our Booking Engine with the real-time availability. Choose the day you wish to travel, choose your tour, fill the form with your traveler’s information, and proceed to the payment. After, you will receive your Booking Confirmation with pickup & tour details directly to your email!Book HERE
If you need our assistance in booking a tour for you or have a special request, or can not find the tour that you are looking for, do not hesitate to send us your request, and we will get back to you with our suggestions, assistance or booking arrangement.Request