Self-Guided Roundtrip Transfer: Butterfly Valley + Seven Springs Valley
Rhodes Island is home to some verdant and unique nature parks confirming it’s fame as the “Emarald of the Mediterranean”. On this full-day outing, visit the two most popular nature attractions – Butterfly Valley (Petaloudes), and Seven Springs Valley (Epta Piges) with our comfortable medium-size bus to both sites in one day. Have 2 hours of free time at the Butterfly Valley to enjoy observing the Panaxia Quatripunktaria butterflies, stroll rustic paths weaving along the Pelekanos river, take photos next to waterfalls & wooden bridges. Enhance your experience by visiting a little museum of Natural History or hike to the very top of the Valley for some great Panoramic Views next to the Kalopetra Monastery. Then drive through scenic countryside to the East Coast into the Valley of Seven Springs to have 2 more hours of free time to explore the Valley enjoying the greenery and the lovely climate, have a nice rest in the open-air cafe-restaurant overlooking the springs, or get adventurous and walk through a unique narrow tunnel to reach an artificial lake with an impressive dam & a waterfall.
After picking you up with Manos Going signature bus, relax observing the west coastline of Rhodes island before reaching the Butterfly Valley. Upon arrival, your driver will give you clear instructions about the departure place & time, and you can start exploring the canyon. You will also receive our custom-made map with directions and information that will help you orientate through the valley.
You will then have 2 hours of free time to lose yourself in this green oasis! The valley goes through the Canyon of the Pelekanos River and forms an ideal ecosystem for the rare species of moth – Kalimorphos Panaxia Quatripunctaria or Jerseytiger moth. It is truly a unique scenery to see hundreds of butterflies in their natural habitat. The favorable combination of humidity and constant temperature (between 24-30 C/ 75,2-86 F) with Liquidambar Styrax trees attracts these insects in great amounts during hot summer months – from June to September. If you are attentive, you can also spot funny crabs!
The Valley is beautifully formed with wooden bridges over pools and falls of water, and little benches to relax and enjoy the scenery. The upper footpath leads to a little Monastery of Panaghia Kalopetra where you can get some rest enjoying refreshments while observing the scenic view of the west coast.
Or visit the Museum of Natural History at the very bottom part of the Valley, to see a small exhibition displaying information about endemic and rare species on Rhodes Island.
After, sit back in our air-conditioned medium-size bus and relax while you reach the second destination of the day – Seven Springs Valley. You will then have 2 hours of free time to explore the refreshing ravine.
Following the footpath that winds along a creek with gushing water, you will reach a charming open-air cafe-restaurant where you can stop for a bite or a drink. The restaurant is run by Petas family since 1945 and can be a wonderful chance to give your taste buds a great experience.
Then, explore the area with the Seven Springs. The water that comes out from seven natural sources, gushes into a creek that feeds a small man-made lake. Adventurous explorers will have an opportunity to walk through a narrow, dark tunnel with water flowing over their feet. Unless you are claustrophobic or uncomfortable with dark spaces, it can be a very fun experience! The tunnel is 150m long and links the springs to the reservoir.
Below the reservoir is a unique water supply construction dating back to the Italian dictatorship which is worthy to visit. The small dam with the waterfall makes a very pretty photo backdrop!
After your visit, return back to the parking area where our friendly driver waits for you to take you back to your hotel. From exploring a unique nature park filled with butterflies to counting natural springs and walking through an underground tunnel, this scenic outing offers much for outdoor enthusiasts to enjoy!
Duration approx. 5.5 Hours + Pickups
Pickups between 09:00-10:00
Return between 15:30-16:30
– Enjoy a relaxing drive through Rhodes countryside with a beautiful landscape full of olive, cypress, pomegranate, and citrus fruit trees
– On the way, see local villages of Damatria, Pastida, Kremasti, and Paradisi
– Receive meeting instructions from your bus driver. The precise departure time will be announced upon arrival
– Get directions for the Entrance, public WC, and the little fun-train taking travelers with walking difficulties to the upper part of the Valley
– Starting with the upper part of the Valley, walk along the little pond and waterfalls enjoying the romantic scene
– Begin noticing butterflies on tree trunks, leaves, and rocks
– On the way, take a little rest reading various informative boards about the life cycle of the butterflies and other interesting stories
– Walk all the way up to a little Monastery to capture a memorable Panoramic View of the West Coast
– Then walk all the way to the bottom part of the Valley to visit the museum of Natural History and learn about endemic and rare species in Rhodes
– After your nature walk, reward yourself with an ice-cream or fresh orange juice at the charming cafe next to the Main Entrance
– Meet again with the group at the bus parking area to continue the transport to the next sightseeing destination
– Take advantage of our bus with full air-condition to relax and enjoy the scenery as you cross the island from one coast to the other
– Upon arrival to Valley of Seven Springs, stop at the Parking Area to receive meeting instructions from your bus driver. The precise departure time will be announced upon arrival
– Enjoy nature having a short 10 min hike along the path that takes you to Seven Springs
– Notice the rich and diverse Island’s flora & fauna, exceptionally rare & unique mixed forests, and local endemic plant species
– Try to spot all of the Seven Springs clambering around the roots of age-old plane trees
– Discover a century-old water supply system built by Italians consisting of a 150 m underground tunnel, viaducts, an artificial lake, and a dam
– Get adventurous and walk through a 150 m long narrow dark tunnel wetting your feet in fresh running water to reach the lake and the dam with an impressive waterfall
– Or have a relaxing break in an open-air tavern overlooking the Springs having your lunch, a snack, or a beverage
* Times may slightly vary according to seasonal/ daily conditions/ traffic/ the group size!
** Please note, the butterflies appear at the valley from mid-June to mid-September.
Precise pickup time & place for your accommodation will be provided on your Booking Confirmation Page/ Voucher. You can check our PICKUP route under Our Tours.
– Faliraki resort 09:00 – 09:15
– Kallithea resort 09:15-09:30
– Rhodes Town (Including Cruise Port) 09:30-09:40
– Ixia Resort 09:40-09:50
– Ialysos Resort 09:50-10:00
Should you need to clarify your pickup location before proceeding to the booking, do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
LEVEL OF DIFFICULTY – 2
Walking over periods of more than 20 minutes includes uneven surfaces, unpaved trails, and paths through slightly hilly terrain. Travelers must be able to step in and out of the tour vehicle (our coaches are equipped with a power step).
If you choose to walk up to the Monastery of Kalopetra at the Butterfly Vally, there is a steep and uneven section of the trail with lots of steps. All the way through the path, there is a handrail and many benches to take a rest.
For senior guests & guests with special needs or families with very small children, there is a possibility to use the Butterfly Train to reach the top part of the Valley to visit the Monastery (ticket price of the Fun Train is 4.5 Eur per person, children under 12 years – free).
The Valley of Seven Springs includes some inclines, narrow walkways, uneven surfaces, little rocks, and tree roots. The path is not recommended for guests with walking difficulties or reduced mobility. Also, the underground tunnel that leads to the artificial lake, is not recommended for people with claustrophobia.
If you have reduced mobility or special needs, please contact us before booking to discuss the options. We will do our best to make everyone feel comfortable!
Infants under 3 years may join the tour free of charge, please note that no car seat is provided. Infants must be seated on the parent’s lap. Children under 10 years have a 50% discount.
The price of the Transfer does not include the Entry ticket to the Butterfly Valley.
Low season (May, October) – 3 EUR p.p. Children under 12 years – free.
High Season (June-September) – 5 EUR p.p. Children under 12 years – free.
Butterfly Train – 4.5 Eur per person, children under 12 years – free.
Public WC – 0.5 EUR
Seven Springs Valley is free of charge.
An opportunity for a light lunch/ snacks/ refreshments can be found in the tavern at the Valley of Seven Springs. Typically, sandwiches/ pitta wraps are approx. 3 EUR, salads 5-10 EUR, meal 7-25 EUR. Also, two snack bars are operating at the Butterfly Valley. One is situated by the lower entrance (next to the Museum of Natural History), and one is situated by the Main Entrance.
Public WC in Butterfly Valley – 0.5 EUR, 7 Springs Valley – free.
We recommend wearing comfortable walking shoes. During summer (June-September) do not forget your hat or a light wrapping, and sunglasses. Make sure to carry with you a bottle of water! Always wear your sunscreen!
If there is anything else you would like to know, let us know and we will be happy to assist!
Tour Duration: 5.5 Hrs + Pickups
TUE I WED I FRI I SAT
Book ONLINE & receive 5% Discount
Vehicle: Medium-size Coach or a Minibus
Max 28 Participants (in accordance with COVID-19 restrictions)
* For a Private tour, contact us to receive the Price Quote
Mobile Booking confirmation accepted
Free cancellation – up to 24 hrs notice
-Pickups from Kallithea resort, Faliraki resort, Rhodes Town, Ixia Resort, Ialysos Resort (designated pickup points)
-Shared transportation in a comfortable air-conditioned medium-size coach
-English speaking professional bus driver
-Customized map with information about the sites for orientation
Entrance Ticket to the Butterfly Valley:
Seven Springs Valley is a free site
Meals, refreshments, personal expenses
-Transportation vehicles are regularly sanitized & ventilated
-Hand Cleansing Gel (70%) available to travelers and staff
-A personal Antiseptic wipe
-On request a personal medical Face mask
-Accessible bins for safe waste disposal
-No use of recirculated air inside the vehicle
-Reduced the maximum passenger capacity in vehicles
– Travelers enjoying nature sites, easy hiking routes
– Individual travelers, couples, families with children
– People who like exploring sites independently
The Butterfly Valley is situated 23 km southeast from Rhodes town and is one of the most verdant areas of the Island, where from mid-June to mid-September we have a chance to observe the Kalimorphus Panaxia Quatripunktaria or Tigermoth in large numbers.View
Seven Springs Valley got its name from the seven natural springs that form a small tributary of the river Loutanis. This unusual nature attraction provides a great opportunity for some adventure, scenic photos, and belly pleasures!View
You will find most of our tours available in our Online Booking Engine. Go to the BOOK NOW, and you will be re-directed to our Booking Engine with the real-time availability. Choose the day you wish to travel, choose your tour, fill the form with your traveler’s information, and proceed to the payment. After, you will receive your Booking Confirmation with pickup & tour details directly to your email!Book HERE
If you need our assistance in booking a tour for you or have a special request, or can not find the tour that you are looking for, do not hesitate to send us your request, and we will get back to you with our suggestions, assistance or booking arrangement.Request