The Byzantine parish church of Lindos is dedicated to Virgin Mary. It is an oblong building with an oblique aisle forming a cross. In 1489, the Grand Master Pierre d’ Aubusson sponsored the restoration of the older church and constructed a groin-vaulted vestibule. The Grand Master’s blazon is still visible at the southern part of the bell tower. The monument itself is is earlier and dates back to the Late Byzantine period. Some of the old frescoes survived, but the majority of the painting is due to the painter Gregorios of Symi, who depicted the whole church in 1779.
Do not miss the Ecclesiastical Museum situated inside the church next to the north arm of the cross, in which a sample of the former wealth of this religious center is displayed.